Choosing correct color palette and textures! (Part 1)

Hello my creative world,

Today I am sharing my view on choosing color combination and texture technique.Whenever choosing a color palette and texture for home decor, start with a neutral base and add complementary color based on the mood you want to create.Use color wheel to find impressive combinations and test samples in different lighting.We can use huge and at the same time correct variety of texture for balancing heavy and light elements and natural elements like wood and stone.

Also ,consider the function of each room,like

1.Living room - use comfortable and durable fabrics.

2.Bedroom - soothing colors and textures in the bedroom.

3.kitchen - bright and easy to clean materials.

Let me explain this with my own designed examples as I am parallely working on a design and decor project in an app and want to share my work with you.

  

In this design, I select light and fresh color palette.firstly I choose Metro grey wall which gives a room neutral and modern look.

then I choose Rose color pillow shows soft and warm feel with Niebla color bedding which adds calm vibe.

And in the last, I add some natural element portray of wheat field which enhance the beauty of room with touch of nature.

These combination create a calming and inviting atmosphere with a hint of rustic charm.

This is my second design in which I choose bold and modern look.Firstly I choose cinderblocks wall which give contemporary feel. Than I select mountain ash floor with the thought of warmth and which totally balanced the cinderblocks wall look.

 And my favorite coral color chair adds a pop of color and creating a lively touch to the room.

Than with the distant artwork with cosmic scene bring imaginative and futuristic vibe.which is a focal point in a room.

its a unique blend of urban sophistication.

Please share your views.

Thanks for your valuable time,

Pooja Singh.

Comments

Popular Posts